Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prematurity Awareness Month

    November is Prematurity Awareness Month and November 17th is Prematurity Awareness Day. Please help me in spreading the word this month.  

 As a Mother I can't stand to see my baby get sick, I was worried when My LO was in the NICU when he was first born and he was born full term, I can't even Begin to Imagine the pain the suffering and the scare of a Mother who has to see her baby Born Underdeveloped because of being born Prematurely, But I have been there to watch a mother suffer through this pain not being able to take her princess Home making 2-3 trips a day to see her daughter, if not spending the entire day and night there by her side hoping to see her get better and praying every night that Nothing will go Wrong. These little Babies are fighters some of the strongest babies Born by getting through it all.

   My cousins Baby was born at around 32 weeks weighing under 2 lbs and was tiny as can be. Her Placenta had detached partially and the baby wasn't getting any nutrients. a Month Later the princess came home But was on a monitor.  The monitor would go off if the baby stopped breathing which alerted my cousin to pat the baby on the back to remind/help her breath. She finally Got off the Machine and is Now almost 3.5 years old and healthy as can be. My cousin has already gone into labor once this 2nd pregnancy under 32 weeks and is now at risk of Giving birth prematurely again and is being monitored to make sure she doesnt go into labor.





   Please Visit  March Of Dimes to find out more Information, and also Help spread the word. Also Visit them to Grab a Banner and post on your blog. They have many sizes.

2 comments:

  1. I am a mom of a 4 year old former preemie. She was born at 29 weeks 6 days, weighing 4lb 3.50z and spent 8 weeks in the NICU....the hardest time of my life. Thanks for getting awareness out there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Thanks so much for helping to spread the word about the seriousness of premature birth.

    ReplyDelete